AVAILABLE POSITION - ASSISTANT ESTIMATOR
The Buildcorp Group is a highly respected provider of integrated construction services, with operations on the eastern seaboard specialising in construction, remedial building, interior fit out and refurbishment. Established for over 20 years, we now have a team of approx 180 in NSW and QLD.
When recruiting, we look for individuals who will fit the company culture and uphold the Buildcorp corporate values. We ensure our staff are highly motivated and highly skilled, providing them with learning and development opportunities to help each person reach their potential.
Buildcorp Interiors are currently seeking an Assistant Estimator to join our team in Head Office, Camperdown.
Buildcorp tenders projects from $2M to $50M. We are looking for a motivated candidate with two-three years experience estimating office fit outs and refurbishments.
You will be able to produce BOQ's using the Buildsoft estimating package within short time frames and with little to no supervision. (After initial induction and training period of course!)
The projects are varied and challenging – so a methodical approach that can meet deadlines is essential.
The successful applicant will have:
- the ability to find the most efficient form of construction and communicate that into trade packages, within a Bill of Quantities (BOQ) including take-offs
- an intuitive ability to be able to dissect the tender documents into trade packages ensuring solid trade coverage
- experience in the Buildsoft estimating package – exposure to BTOS and subcontractor comparison modules would be advantageous
- the ability to use the microsoft office suite of products, particularly excel and outlook
- strong written and verbal English communication skills
- a sense of urgency, and the ability to turnaround work rapidly and accurately
- excellent time management skills
- the ability to work, and thrive, under pressure
- a tertiary education such as a Degree of Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Diploma of Building, or equivalent trade background and experience.
The ideal candidate will be self motivated, have the ability to work independently but know when to ask for help, an eye for detail and the ability to think beyond typical construction techniques. Experience in the Sydney market is also important.
Applicants with 2-3 years experience in contracts administration or as a quantity surveyor in commercial contracting, high-rise and/or multi residential sectors are encouraged to apply.
This is a great opportunity for a career path within a reputable building company that has an enviable track record of success winning hard dollar tenders.